2012 Research Summit
The goal of JDRF research is 1) to CURE T1D 2) develop better ways to TREAT T1D and 3) to PREVENT T1D from occurring. To that end JDRF has awarded more than $1.6 billion to diabetes research since its founding in 1970. Past JDRF efforts have helped to significantly advance the care of people with this disease, and have expanded the critical scientific understanding of T1D. In May 2012 JDRF hosted a Research Summit in St. Pete, FL. Below are videos from that summit that provide detailed updates on the most current research.
- Transforming JDRF-A Vision for the Future Jeffrey Brewer, JDRF President and CEO with introduction by Nicole Johnson 26 minutes
http://vimeo.com/rbedits/transforming-jdrf Password JDRF
- Transforming Research to Accelerate Progress Darlene Deecher, Ph.D. JDRF Senior VP of Research 41 minutes
http://vimeo.com/rbedits/transforming-research-to-accelerate-progress Password JDRF
- The Artificial Pancreas Project: Update Aaron Kowalski, Ph.D, Assistant VP of Treat Therapies 44 minutes http://vimeo.com/rbedits/the-artificial-pancreas-project Password JDRF
- Review of Scientific Program, Prevention and TrialNet Darlene Deecher, Ph.D. JDRF Senior VP of Research; Jeffrey Krischer, Ph.D. University of South Florida; Julia Greenstein, Ph.D. Assistant VP of Cure Therapies 59 minutes
http://vimeo.com/rbedits/review-of-scientific-program Password JDRF
- T1D Resources: nPOD (Network for Pancreatic Organ Donors with Diabetes) Mark Atkinson, Ph.D., University of Florida; Julia Greenstein, Ph.D. Assistant VP of Cure Therapies 52 minutes
http://vimeo.com/rbedits/t1d-resources-npod Password JDRF
- Cure: Encapsulation Cherie Stabler, Ph.D., Diabetes Research Institute; Julia Greenstein, Ph.D. Assistant VP of Cure Therapies47 minutes
http://vimeo.com/rbedits/cure-encapsulation Password JDRF
- Treat: CGM Pregnancy Study Roy Beck, M.D., Ph.D., Jaeb Center for Health Research; Aaron Kowalski, Ph.D, Assistant VP of Treat Therapies 44 minutes
http://vimeo.com/rbedits/treat-cgm-pregnancy-study Password JDRF
NOTE: These videos are password protected which is case sensitive.